Georgia Year’s Support For Minor Children

For minor children, losing a parent can be incredibly traumatic. While a child is left to grieve for a parent, he or she may not be thinking about what comes next. At Ruppenthal Law Firm, P.C., one of the things we specialize in is securing year’s support benefits for children, along with spouses.

If you are the guardian or parent of a child who lost another parent, you should know that you have the right to set aside funds to cover your children’s living expenses for a year before you have to pay creditors. It is important, however, to have an experienced probate attorney help you through the process.

Protecting Georgia Children’s Rights When They Lose A Parent

Even if a parent dies, children will need money to pay for school, medical care, clothes and food, among many other expenses. If you come to our office in Fayetteville, Georgia, for a consultation, we can let you know what your legal rights are and how to secure year’s support benefits for any minor children of the decedent.

We can file a separate request for year’s support benefits for children, along with filing a request for spouses. This will allow you to stop worrying about making ends meet while you are in mourning.

We know that making sure your children are cared for is of great concern, which is why we can work to get you the year’s support benefits they need. With our decades of experience in probate and estate law, we know how to get positive results for our clients.

Contact A Lawyer To Get A Year’s Support Benefits

When a parent dies, call Ruppenthal Law Firm, P.C., at 770-334-9699 or email our office to schedule a consultation to find out about their rights to year’s support benefits before creditors are paid.