Experienced Guidance For Probate And Estate Administration In Georgia
When a person passes away, they leave behind not only important relationships but an estate. The estate usually has assets, debts and expenses that need to be dealt with properly.
If you have lost a parent, a spouse, another family member or a friend and have been designated the administrator or executor of the estate, you likely will have many questions and concerns about how to carry out your responsibilities. Our legal team can provide answers and get you started. We will be there every step of the way to help you through this daunting process.
Handling All Aspects Of Georgia Probate And Estate Administration
At Ruppenthal Law Firm, P.C., we help executors and administrators with all aspects of Georgia probate and estate administration, including:
- Reviewing and evaluating wills, trusts and other documents that influence how an estate will be administered
- Locating and distributing assets to beneficiaries
- Addressing claims against an estate in the right order of priority
- Identifying debts and taxes to be paid and ensuring creditors are treated appropriately
- Managing uncontested cases in probate court
- Navigating family challenges and conflicts that may impact probate
- Dealing with the absence of a will or other complications
- Representing the estate or the executor in legal proceedings
We also help spouses of the deceased petition for Year’s Support benefits. The surviving wife or husband, as well as minor children, may be entitled to financial support from the estate. This money comes off the top, before other creditors are paid.
Efficient Handling Of Uncontested Estates
When there are no will contests or other controversies, the probate process can be streamlined. But there are still tasks to complete in a specific order and various roadblocks you may encounter. We help executors and families to expedite uncontested probate to distribute assets and close the estate as quickly and smoothly as possible. We regularly help out-of-state heirs who are called upon to administer a Georgia estate.
We Handle Probate Throughout Georgia
If you need an experienced lawyer to help you probate an estate or administer a will in Georgia, we can help. Fayetteville probate attorney Bob Ruppenthal brings more than 25 years of focused practice in estate-related matters.
Ruppenthal Law Firm, P.C., provides a full range of legal services to help you resolve your probate or estate matter, whether you need comprehensive representation or simply need guidance and feedback as you work through the duties. Call our office at 770-334-9699 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.